My Belief & Mission
I truly believe that every human being has the right to better communication and it is “the key” to a happy, healthy and wholesome life, and my mission as a speech –language pathologist is to enable my patients and their families to achieve that; and thus making a positive difference in their lives.
I am Zainab Millwala, a practicing speech-language pathologist since 2003. Human concern has been a passion since childhood and also growing up in a family of doctors nudged me into this profession.
My commitment to providing best of the services to my patients brings new learning to my work every day.
At my clinic I follow a very simple philosophy, where I ask myself “what if this was my family” and put in the same energy and sensitivity to every individual who comes here for therapy. These being one of the same reasons, that my clinic has an environment, which comforts and motivates my “extended family.
My “Speech Care Clinic” is well equipped to deal with patients of all age groups with various disorders.
My Education and Experience
- B.Sc in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology from Dr. Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing, Bangalore, as a topper.
- Masters Degree in Communication Disorders under a merit-scholarship from the Bowling Green State University, Ohio, USA with honors.
- Whilst at USA I had a marvelous opportunity of working in different setting with both children and adults. At The Toledo Hospital I worked with coma, traumatic brain injured and stroke patients focusing on enhancing their speech-language and swallowing disabilities.
- At The Toledo Children’s Hospital I worked with children as young as 12 months with feeding disorders, food aversion and so forth.
- I was fortunate to be a part of the Speech-Language Department at the renowned National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences (NIMHANS) Bangalore; where I worked under the guidance of specialists in diagnosing and treating neurological speech-language disorders from the age group to 2 years to 80 years.
- Moving to Chennai, along with having a very active private practice for nearly a decade, I have also been empanelled as a consultant to many reputed clinics and hospitals in the city.